Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Books I am reading right now

Fiction:

0a. Anathem, by Neal Stephenson. I finished this one, but I am including it because I liked it so much. Not that Neal needs much advertising.

0b. The Algebraist, by Iain Banks. Fantastic cover, at least the US paperback. I finished this while in South Africa too, but it was one of my favorites this year.

1. The Sacred Book of the Werewolf, by Victor Pelevin. Trippy, odd, hard to describe - but good.

2. Wizard of the Crow, by Ngugi Wa'Thiong'O. Sort of like 100 Years of Solitude in Africa.

3. Victory of Eagles, by Naomi Novik. Good series.

4. Turn Coat, by Jim Butcher. I think I have read everything by him, he doesn't disappoint.

Non-fiction (I am leaving out a lot of math and bio books):

1. Imagining India, by Nandan M. Nilekani. Very good book about modern India, where its going and how it got there.

2. The Manga Guide To Statistics, by Shin Takahashi. Surprisingly good. The Manga Guide to Databases is also pretty good.

No comments: